Go to 360° virtual tours of our pilot projects
BOD2 3D construction printer
The modular construction printer for use in residential construction and precast production
Each COBOD BOD2 printer consists of a gantry system with several 2.5m (8.2 ft) modules and is flexibly configurable in all 3 dimensions.
This not only allows the dimensions to be configured individually for different applications and projects, but also makes the printer easy to expand, maintain, move and set up. In addition, the gantry system avoids frequent relocation and recurring calibration of the printer. This leads to enormous time savings, because each calibration process takes several hours.
One of the great advantages of 3D construction printing is the freedom of design in architecture - the printer doesn't care if the walls are straight or curved
Printer and building sizes
Maximum dimensions of the COBOD BOD2: 15 m (49.2 ft)wide, 10m (32.8 ft) high and as long as you want.
Example sizes of printable buildings:
- 3D construction printer in our rental park: building with a maximum floor area of 204 sqm (2,195.8 sqft) and 3 floors
- Largest printer built so far: building with a floor area of 300 sqm (3,229.2 sqft) and 3 floors.
Assembly and mounting
- Set-up and dismantling times depend on the configuration of the printer. For a machine with a printing area of 12 m (39.4 ft) width, 17 m (55.8 ft)length and 8 m (26.3 ft) height, 8 hours are required in each case.
- The BOD2 is bolted either to the floor slab or to concrete blocks.
- The maximum speed is 1 meter/second (3.3 ft/s)
- For safety reasons and in order to be able to continue to integrate manual work into the printing process, we print at 25 cm/s (9.8 inch/s). For 1 sqm (10.8 sqft) hollow wall, the BOD2 needs approx. 5 minutes.
Any locally available 3D printable mortar or concrete (up to 8 mm grain size; 0.3 inch). So there is no need for any special 3D printing material that could only be obtained from us.
Technology to ensure safe machine operations
- CE certified and safe
- IP67 certified cabling and galvanized steel trays
- Camera monitoring of the printing process and results
Allows very smooth surfaces to be printed - if this is desired. Rough surfaces as a style element or for easier plastering are also possible.
Layer height and width
Flexibility in hight and width
- Layer heights between 1 cm and 3 cm (0.4 - 1.2 inch)
- Layer widths between 3 cm and 10 cm (1.2 - 3.9 inch)
Data formats for slicer-software
All formats of conventional CAD software
(.STP, .IGS, .BREP as well as .OCC)
As the seed-shareholder we are a partner of COBOD International A/S in Denmark who developed the BOD2 technology.
Get in touch with us
You want more information or have questions? Don't hesitate to contact us.Contact